Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Important, must read:

I am going to ask you to do something very hard. I would like for you to think of a loved one, someone who was close to you and has since passed away. Think how much it hurt to loose them. I'm sorry to for your loss and, if there was an easier way of doing this without stirring emotions you would rather keep surpessed I would use that instead but, there isnt. It hurts loosing people around us, it hurts a lot.

All over the world, each year, there are over 50 million people dying of preventable deaths! 50 million people are snatched away from people like you each year for simple, preventable reasons.

In a world where 1% of the world's population ( 69, 162, 632 approx) own 90% of the world's wealth and the other 10% are either in abject poverty or close to that; something has gone terribly wrong.

One of the leading causes for these deaths (around 1.6 million) is poor water. It is easy and near enough free to build a simple water filtration device, why are we not doing this for those unable to help themselves because of the crushing debt we have placed on their lands? Because no one cares? Because it is somebody elses problem? Or because we feel unable?

Do not give your money to charity, do not donate directly to the suffering. What needs to happen is that everybody reading this needs to start asking the people at the top why? The more that ask this simple question the louder our voice.

In order to change this world we need to stop being complacent, we need to get off our arses and seriously start asking why. I can't do it alone, neither can anyone else but, if you feel this world is full of injustice then pass on that feeling to others start asking why and encourage others to do the same.

 I am sick to my stomach of the world I live in, a world where corporations and not individuals rule. They take away the basic human right of water and charge us for the use of it, they invade weaker countries and exploit and depleat. They are not better than you or me. They are certainly not stronger than us.

Seriously, get off your arse and start kicking up a fuss about this shit; it will not do. We, the people of planet earth, are fed up.


  1. You asked me to imagine something, and I did, now I want you to imagine something.

    In the United States, the top 400 wealthiest people own more wealth than the bottom 125,000,000 people.

    Think about that. 400:125,000,000.

    Now imagine you are one of the 400. Now imagine an energy source has just been discovered that can provide unlimited energy.

    Now also imagine that robotics and artificial intelligence can provide cheap, reliable, and renewable physical labor.

    What would you do with the billions of unnecessary people on the planet?

    How would you eliminate those people in such a way that you would retain control and essentially inherit the earth?

    If you really start to think about it, you may begin to see the answer in the way the world now functions.

  2. of course I see. The point is; they are outnumbered and we can do something about it. I completely understand that the small minority want to retain their grasp on the world but it doesn't stop it from being the wrong thing. I want us to begin questioning what gave them the right to that authority and to begin working oiut ways to take it from them and distribute it equally throught the world.

  3. Not a bad idea, but there is one thing... humans are a plague to this planet. We need to reduce our population to one fifth of our current level. I don't see that happening, without some seriously f'ed up sh*t happening.

  4. Humans aren't a 'plague' to this planet; and for someone who writes about the beauty of art and so on, I'm pretty shocked to hear that.

    But yeh: population is way too high.